Routing issues

Martin Barry marty at supine.com
Sun Dec 4 12:29:30 CET 2011

$quoted_author = "dspazman at epicup.com" ;

> I had bird installed on a server with one outside connection (eth2).
> That's been working fine.  When I add in the second connection, for
> whatever reason I can't get it added to the routing.  I'm curious if
> anyone has any suggestions?

You are probably running into a combination of your default route pointing
out your existing provider and their strict uRPF blocking source IP's from
your Cogent range.

> I'm not sure if this is directly bird related, but I think it is...  Any
> tips or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

This is not bird related. If you want this to work you need to route packets
with a Cogent source IP out via your Cogent link. For that you'll need to do
some policy based routing using the source IP as the filter.

e.g. http://muchtall.com/2007/08/06/24/

cheers
Marty