FreeBSD and CARP

Ondrej Zajicek santiago at crfreenet.org
Sat Aug 27 09:04:54 CEST 2011

On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 01:14:24AM +0200, fredrik danerklint wrote:
> I came over the following
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/bird-users@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/msg00753.html
>
> and appling that patch do what I want.
>
> Ondrej,
>
> Is there perhaps a possibility to make this patch as an configure option when
> running bird?

This patch seems to be for older (1.2.x) versions and not really
applicable for the current version. In current BIRD, the link detection
(which is what the patch should add) is already merged. but you have to
add 'check link' option to OSPF to follow that.

There is still a slight difference - when link is down, but interface is
administratively up (which is probably the case with backup carp), the
/32 address of iface is propagated instead of the full prefix. But that
is probably not a big problem.