Malformed AS_PATH

Simone Morandini simone.morandini at mix-it.net
Fri May 7 17:20:03 CEST 2010

Hi all,

I've just started playing around with BIRD: I configured a server with
v. 1.2.1
Simple configuration, just to test, with 2 routers: one is ours, the
other is a member's router.
 From what I see, the session between the member and the RS is ok, while
the session between our router and the RS cannot be established.
The logfile says:
07-05-2010 15:33:43 <RMT> MIX: Received: Malformed AS_PATH: 4002040201315d

and birdc says:
bird> show protocols all MIX
name     proto    table    state  since       info
MIX      BGP      T_MIX    start  15:33       Idle          Received:
Malformed AS_PATH
 Preference:     100
 Input filter:   ACCEPT
 Output filter:  ACCEPT
 Routes:         0 imported, 0 exported, 0 preferred
 Route change stats:     received   rejected   filtered    ignored
accepted
   Import updates:              0          0          0
0          0
   Import withdraws:            0          0        ---
0          0
   Export updates:              0          0          0
---          0
   Export withdraws:            0        ---        ---

Pipe protocols are declared in transparent mode.

On my peering router the session with the RS goes from Idle to Active,
than Idle again.
The route server is currently configured with a private AS, but I think
it shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks in advance,
Simone.

believed to be clean.