minor bird crash

Arnold Nipper arnold at nipper.de
Sun Mar 21 23:16:49 CET 2010

On 19.03.2010 15:02 Ondrej Zajicek wrote

> reload-in/out for pipe protocol - all routes from one table are
> repropagated to the other table. This should not have direct
> impact on external behavior of route server (just causes some
> CPU load).

According to the documentation for pipe protocol there is no in/out:
"Note that for the pipe protocol, both directions are always reloaded
together (in or out options are ignored in that case)."

Anyway, doing "configure soft" followed by reloading all pipes leads to
re-installing every single route. That definitely is not what I want the
routeserver to do.

For now I guess I will live with "configure soft". According to our
paradigmam that a route is only announced when added to a RIR DB well in
advance, no inconsistency could show up.

However I still would like to know what an optimal solution could look
like. I.e. a solution also covering the corner cases.

Best regards,
Arnold
--
Arnold Nipper / nIPper consulting, Sandhausen, Germany
email: arnold at nipper.de       phone: +49 6224 9259 299