bird crashes when re-configuring with "route limit"

Wolfgang Hennerbichler wh at univie.ac.at
Wed Mar 17 13:39:13 CET 2010

On Mar 10, 2010, at 20:57 , Arnold Nipper wrote:

> I have introduced "route limit" as a countermeasure for peers leaking
> full tables. Extra safety belt as we do as-path and prefix filter
> anyway. But you never know.
>
> When doing "configure", bird crashed. Same for bird6 I guess.
>
> Where to put the core and the binary?
>
> System in question is Debian, running lenny.

Arnold,

can you remember if birdc in this case had a non-zero return-status, what does echo $? say after issuing the command to crash the bird? I need this for my deployment scripts, but I can't get bird to crash unfortunately :)

> Best regards,
> Arnold

Wolfgang, SO close to release the VIX-Route-Servers into production.

--
www.vix.at | www.aco.net
wh at univie.ac.at | WH844-RIPE