log messages

Ondrej Zajicek santiago at crfreenet.org
Thu Mar 11 23:45:23 CET 2010

On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 10:06:01PM +0100, Arnold Nipper wrote:
> On 11.03.2010 21:44 Arnold Nipper wrote
>
> > But shouldn't I see that the peer session finally established?
> >

> ic ... BIRD _never_ logs when a session is established. It only logs
> when a protocol is addedor deleted. But this is more of a configuration
> issue than a operational message.

BIRD does not log much by default, mostly warnings, errors and
changes caused by 'configure'. Messages related to ordinary behavior
have to be enabled using 'debug' command or config option.

> I very much would like to see session status' changes in the log file :-)

To see thus, you should enable it using:

debug { events };

in appropriate protocol section. Or perhaps:

debug protocols { events };

as a global option for all protocols.