bgp protocol info in passive mode

Arjan Filius iafilius at xs4all.nl
Mon Jun 28 14:02:16 CEST 2010

Hello Bird-users,

Currently making some monitor scripts, and working on that i noticed a
little difference with 2 (ipv4 and ipv6) export-only bgp protocols.

ipv4:
bird> show protocols
name     proto    table    state  since       info
<snip>
bgp_Arjan_Filius BGP      master   start  Jun25       Passive

ipv6:
bird> show protocols
name     proto    table    state  since       info
<snip>
bgp_Arjan_Filius BGP      master   start  Jun25       Idle

Notice the difference in the info field

on both the ipv6 and ipv4 definition i'd used the "passive on;" statement

Both the protocol definitions are exactly the same, apart from the
neighbor definition.

The only difference is the ipv4 neigbor is in a direct connected subnet,
where the ipv6 isn't.

After "fixing" the ipv6 passive neigbor to a direct connected ip i got the
"Passive" in the info field.

I'm not sure what is the correct behaviour, but displaying passive when
actually passive eases my monitoring scripts.

Regards

--
Arjan Filius
mailto:iafilius at xs4all.nl