New release 1.2.0

Ondrej Zajicek santiago at crfreenet.org
Thu Jan 14 12:20:02 CET 2010

On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 11:19:03AM +0100, Ondrej Filip wrote:
> Hi!
> New version is ready. Santiago made a great job in bugfixing my very
> old code. And he added OSPFv3. :-)
>
> Version 1.2.0 (2010-01-05)
>   o Implements OSPFv3 (IPv6 support for OSPF). Because the code is
>     shared with OSPFv2 and there were deep changes in it, we suggest
>     caution during upgrade to OSPF users. Some advanced features
>     (like NSSA, vlinks and authentication) are not yet implemented.

I would add two more notes to OSPFv3:

1) There is a bug in OSPFv3 implementation in current Quagga that makes
problems together with BIRD slightly different behavior. So currently i
would suggest not to mix BIRD and Quagga routers in OSPFv3. It will be
probably fixed in new Quagga release. Sees this for details:

http://lists.quagga.net/pipermail/quagga-dev/2009-December/007480.html
http://lists.quagga.net/pipermail/quagga-dev/2009-December/007571.html

As Quagga uses a different code for OSPFv2 (IPv4) and OSPFv3 (IPv6),
OSPFv2 users are not affected and in works OK.

2) OSPFv3 was not tested on *BSD systems. OSPFv2 should work on *BSD,
but generally i would suggest to keep version 1.1.7 for OSFP *BSD users.
We will address this in the next version.