BGP: Add support for peering with link-local IPv6 addresses

Ondrej Zajicek santiago at crfreenet.org
Wed Dec 22 18:45:21 CET 2010

On Sun, Dec 19, 2010 at 09:55:24AM +0100, Matthias Schiffer wrote:
> Anyways, I'd love to see this patch included in Bird. It shouldn't make
> any difference when you don't use the interface attribute, so it won't have
> bad influence on people not using this feature, and it makes Bird an
> alternative to Quagga when you need link-local peering support. :-)

I checked the patch and it seems that there are some issues with the
neighbor cache - neigh_find2() really doesn't work with NEF_STICKY and
link-local together, because the main purpose of sticky neighbors is to
notify the protocol when the appropriate iface appears and is ready. If
the iface is not found in bgp_start_locked(), (call if_find_by_name()
returns NULL), the BGP session is never started (even if the interface
later appears). I will look at that.