Required capability missing

Ondrej Zajicek santiago at crfreenet.org
Tue Dec 14 16:19:40 CET 2010

On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 07:02:58PM +0100, Simone Morandini wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've just configured a new peer on our IPv6 implementation of BIRD and,
> as per the subject, I'm receiving the following error with "sh
> protocols":
>
> <peer name>   BGP      T_<peer name> start  18:05       Idle

Unless you have some very old version of BIRD, 'Required capability missing'
would probably be caused by address family mismatch. Perhaps the other side
expects you to support also IPv4? Generally, the error message says that
the other side expects something more (but the other side does not say
what exactly).