CLI ?

Ladislav Lhotka lhotka at cesnet.cz
Mon Apr 26 21:09:17 CEST 2010

Joakim Tjernlund píše v Po 26. 04. 2010 v 18:34 +0200:

> Not quite up to speed on how CLI and configuration manager works but it would be
> useful if one could open an socket and send a new config file.
>
> Even better if one could read the current configuration in some form, make changes to it and
> write it back. I am assuming this config would be some binary format and I have no problem
> if it changes from release to release.

NETCONF addresses both of these scenarios and also simple incremental
changes to the running configuration, candidate datastore, locks, event
notifications etc. If any significant changes to the configuration
workflow are to be considered, this is IMO the way to go.

Lada

--
Ladislav Lhotka, CESNET
PGP Key ID: E74E8C0C