BGP: Malformed attribute list

Wolfgang Hennerbichler wh at univie.ac.at
Thu Apr 8 14:44:11 CEST 2010

Allright, reply to myself:

This seems to be a bug in BIRD.
What I actually added was a rule that certain communities should be deleted:
if ((1120,1)) ~ bgp_community then bgp_community.delete((1120,1));

this actually seemed to delete the only community attached to a certain prefix, which led to a bgp announcement that contained the community attribute which was in fact empty. this causes some cisco routers to throw up on the bgp session. So I think this is a bug in BIRD - if the last community is deleted on a prefix, the community tag must no longer be attached to the prefix. What do you think? Are there any chances you could fix this in the coming update?

Wolfgang