show inner statistics for bgp

Ondrej Zajicek santiago at crfreenet.org
Mon Nov 30 21:08:14 CET 2009

On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 06:20:58PM +0100, Martin Kraus wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 06:11:22PM +0100, Wolfgang Hennerbichler wrote:
> > yes.
> > use birdc and the 'show route' command including it's parameters. (protocol & table)
>
> I didn't mean routes imported from bgp into bird routing table but the
> statistics of the bgp protocol itself, the similar thing as show ospf topology
> does for ospf.

There is no command for bgp-specific protocol information, but command
'show protocols all' shows statistics of exported and
imported routes between the core and the protocol (which is almost the
same as routes sent and received from BGP peer):

bird> show protocols all bgp1
name     proto    table    state since  info
bgp1     BGP      master   up    20:00  Established
  Preference:     100
  Input filter:   ACCEPT
  Output filter:  REJECT
  Routes:         261314 imported, 0 exported, 261314 preferred
  Route change stats:     received   rejected   filtered    ignored   accepted
    Import updates:         261445          0          0          0     261445
    Import withdraws:           17          0        ---          0         17
    Export updates:         261445     261445          0        ---          0
    Export withdraws:           17        ---        ---        ---          0