bgp soft reconfiguration inbound

Ondrej Zajicek santiago at crfreenet.org
Mon Nov 23 18:09:34 CET 2009

On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 12:50:19PM +0100, Wolfgang Hennerbichler wrote:
> On Nov 23, 2009, at 08:19 , Wolfgang Hennerbichler wrote:

> >> BGP soft reconfiguration is not implemented. 'configure soft' just
> >> means 'ignore changes in filters'.
>
> because my co-worker gave me a hint, that it might not be totally clear what I'm asking for:

It was clear for me. I checked route refresh specification and it
seems to be pretty easy to implement (at least 'the requesting side'
of it), therefore i hope we can implement it soon.

BTW, what kind of user interface would be useful for you?

- per protocol request for route refresh

- something like 'configure' but with route refresh instead
of protocol restart? it should ignore, report or restart peers
that does not support router refres?