bgp soft reconfiguration inbound

Wolfgang Hennerbichler wh at univie.ac.at
Mon Nov 23 12:50:19 CET 2009

On Nov 23, 2009, at 08:19 , Wolfgang Hennerbichler wrote:

> On Nov 20, 2009, at 16:17 , Ondrej Zajicek wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 02:19:05PM +0100, Wolfgang Hennerbichler wrote:
>>> Fellow Bird Users,
>>>
>>> Now I realized that if I changed the definition for 'allnet' and do a
>>> 'configure soft' these routes that are added or removed to 'allnet' are
>>> not rejected or added, because it seems that there is no bgp soft
>>> reconfiguration taking place (it works if I trigger a soft
>>> reconfiguration outbound on the peer router, or if I restart the
>>> protocol which causes bgp to flap).
>>
>> BGP soft reconfiguration is not implemented. 'configure soft' just
>> means 'ignore changes in filters'.

because my co-worker gave me a hint, that it might not be totally clear what I'm asking for:

all I am asking for is to send the bgp neighbor a bgp message and tell him he should re-send his routes (cisco-syntax: clear bgp 1.2.3.4 soft in), not a separate routing-table where I can see the received-routes (this is not necessary in our case and I understand that this might be hard to implement).

Wolfgang

--
www.vix.at | www.aco.net
wh at univie.ac.at | WH844-RIPE