Problem setting IPv6 next-hop in BGP

David J Craigon david at craigon.co.uk
Fri Nov 20 10:19:18 CET 2009

Doesn't answer your question, but it seems to me that rather than doing :

       export filter {
               if source = RTS_STATIC then {

To make sure you only export the static routes, not the "device" routes,

it might be better to set up a separate routing table like so:

log syslog { debug, trace, info, remote, warning, error, auth, fatal, bug };
log stderr all;

router id <omitted>;
debug protocols all;

table export_routes; # <-------------

protocol device {
       scan time 10;           # Scan interfaces every 10 seconds
}

protocol static {
       table export_routes;
       route <subnet>/64 via <gateway>;
       route <subnet>/64 via <gateway>;
       route <subnet>/64 via <gateway>;
}

protocol bgp {
       table export_routes;
       local as 64515;
       source address <own address>;
       rs client;
       neighbor <omitted> as <omitted>;
}

That way you've segragated the routing table you want to announce from the
kernel routing table altogether, and saved yourself the filter.