[patch] kernel protocol learn on FreeBSD 7

Ondrej Zajicek santiago at crfreenet.org
Mon Nov 9 19:09:04 CET 2009

On Mon, Nov 09, 2009 at 07:27:06PM +0200, Eugene Perevyazko wrote:
> Hello bird-users readers!
>
> I'm trying to use bird on PPP access-server running FreeBSD 7.
>
> The first problem I've met was bird not learning routes that are added and
> removed by ppp daemon based on Radius user-data.
>
> I've made a simple patch but not sure if it is full and correct.
> Can anyone review it? Especially I'm not sure what should be marked as
> KRT_SRC_REDIRECT and what are the consequences of not using this value.

Thank you for the patch, i will look at it.

KRT_SRC_REDIRECT should be used for kernel routes that are the result
of ICMP redirect message. Routes that are configured by some tools
(like route command, other routing software or pppd in your case)
should be marked as KRT_SRC_ALIEN.

Consequence of not using KRT_SRC_REDIRECT is that such route will be
handled as configured by other tool.