BGP Reconfiguration

Wolfgang Hennerbichler wh at univie.ac.at
Thu Jul 9 15:51:35 CEST 2009

On 09.07.2009, at 15:48, Ondrej Zajicek wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 09, 2009 at 11:53:27AM +0200, Wolfgang Hennerbichler
> wrote:

>> I realize that even without changing the config a 'configure soft'
>> drops
>> the bgp connections in my installation.
>
> Bug found and fixed. It is specific to MD5 auth. Patch attached.

oh, nice, and pretty fast! Thanks. When do you think will it make it's
way into the debian-tree? I like getting automatic updates from the
debian repository. But if you want me to I can compile it from scratch
on my bird-dev-system to test the patch.
One more questions that I still couldn't find an answer for:
* how can I see which routes are announced to me on a BGP peering? I
understand I can do a show route table <blah> but that doesn't
necessarily show me the announcements from the host. On IOS I'd do
'sho bgp ipv4 unicast 1.2.3.4 received-routes'?

BTW: I've got an eBGP Multihop peering up and running in production
now (it's nothing super-important, so I don't care if we run into bugs
here), took me basically no time for setup and seems to work great. I
really start liking bird a lot, and I love the filter language :)

Wolfgang

--
www.vix.at | www.aco.net
wh at univie.ac.at | WH844-RIPE