Neighbor state remains in exchange or loading

Vonlanthen, Elmar Elmar.Vonlanthen at united-security-providers.ch
Mon Dec 14 10:17:35 CET 2009

Hello Ondrej

> On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 04:10:39PM +0100, Vonlanthen, Elmar wrote:
> > That seems to fit to my problem. It happens only after restart.
> > Is there a workaround to prevent this behaviour?
>
> You can try the patch (in the attachment). It should fix the main
> source of problems.
>
> > > I hope i will fix these bugs soon.
> >
> > Is there a way I can help you? Unfortunately, my C-skills are not so
> > good. But I could test with your modifications?
>
> You can try the patch and enable log messages (packets and events)
> for OSPF.

Thank you very much for the patch. Good news, the problem with "loading"
seems to be solved.

But unfortunately the problem with neighbor state remaining in
"exchange" seems to be another problem.
In this case I don't see any LSA packets, only hello packets.

Do you have an idea, what this problem might be?

Best regards
Elmar