Support for MD5 authentication in BGP

Martin Mares mj at ucw.cz
Tue Oct 7 14:35:12 CEST 2008

Hi!

> AFAIK we have to set the (address, password) pairs even before new connection
> is estabilished, othewise signed SYN packets are dropped and the connection
> wouldn't estabilish.

OK. I did mistakenly believe that the kernel remembers only a single
password per socket, but apparently it keeps a list of (peer address,
password) pairs, so it should work even with the single listening socket
we have.

> Kernel headers in current Debian don't contain TCP_MD5SIG,
> so i need it to compile Bird on my computer.

OK.

> > Probably none ;)
>
> I tried to google it and it seems to me that FreeBSD uses the same
> setsockopt() optval name, but i don't know details yet.

It is probably not necessary at this moment as we do not have a BSD port
yet anyway.

				Have a nice fortnight
--
Martin `MJ' Mares                          <mj at ucw.cz>   http://mj.ucw.cz/
Air conditioned environment -- Do not open Windows.