Segmentation fault when using more than 1 'kernel' protocol in the config.

James Harper james.harper at bendigoit.com.au
Tue Aug 14 08:50:58 CEST 2007

If I define more than 1 'kernel' protocol in the config I get a
Segmentation fault when starting bird.

The following are the definitions from the config:

"
protocol kernel kern1 {
 learn;                  # Learn all alien routes from the kernel
 persist;                # Don't remove routes on bird shutdown
 scan time 20;           # Scan kernel routing table every 20 seconds
 import all;             # Default is import all
 export all;             # Default is export none
}

protocol kernel kern2 {
 table dsl;
 kernel table 100;
 scan time 20;
 export all;
}
"

The final lines from an strace are:

"
read(4, "", 8192)                       = 0
socket(PF_NETLINK, SOCK_RAW, 0)         = 6
socket(PF_NETLINK, SOCK_RAW, 0)         = 7
bind(7, {sa_family=AF_NETLINK, pid=0, groups=00000051}, 12) = 0
fcntl64(7, F_SETFL, O_RDONLY|O_NONBLOCK) = 0
--- SIGSEGV (Segmentation fault) @ 0 (0) ---
+++ killed by SIGSEGV +++
"

But I haven't yet figured out exactly where in the code it is going
wrong... any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

My system is Debian 'Etch' running the 2.6.18-4-486 kernel. I can supply
any further information as required.

Thanks

James