BIRD: MPBGP & problems debugging

Jorge Gomez jorge1981 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 2 20:52:46 CEST 2006

>If I remember correctly, the debug mode causes BIRD to search for
>everything (config, birdc sockets etc.) in the current directory.

Martin, thanks for your quick response,

If I have understood you well, I have to copy my config file (bird.conf)
into the directory where I am running bird. Ok, bird find it. But the birdc
socket is created ONCE I have executed bird, so I can`t copy it before
calling bird, and continue without finding it, and consecuently without
being able to run birdc :(.
Another question: What else does bird need to find in the current directory,
apart from the bird.conf file and the bird.ctl socket?

It's very important to for my proyect be able to see de debugging messages,
because I need to know what is happening inside bird!

Thank you very much for your time.

Best regards,

Jorge -jorge1981 at gmail.com-