BIRD: MPBGP & problems debugging

Martin Mares mj at ucw.cz
Tue Aug 1 12:28:04 CEST 2006

Hello!

> My project is based in BGP. I have to implement the capability of
> transporting MPLS labels over BGP messages, or, in other words, implement
> MP-BGP in a BGP open source daemon. And that's the reason I'm writing to
> this list!

Good news!

> Usually I test the changes I make in a virtual network done with User Mode
> Linux (UML) (I don't know if you have heard about that?).

I heard, but never used that myself (mainly because when I was working
on BIRD, UML didn't exist yet :) ).

> 1.- Diving in the web and looking for documentation and information of BIRD,
> I have seen that MBGP support is one of the future objectives of the daemon,
> and I would like to know if there is any improvement being developed at the
> moment in this area, or if somebody could give me the contact of any working
> group interested in MBGP for BIRD.

So far nothing. Feela, did anybody at Cesnet think about that?

> 2.- Another problem I have founded is that when I try to configure BIRD with
> the --enable-debug option, BIRD can't find my bird.conf, and consecuently it
> can't run.

If I remember correctly, the debug mode causes BIRD to search for
everything (config, birdc sockets etc.) in the current directory.

				Have a nice fortnight
--
Martin `MJ' Mares   <mj at ucw.cz>   http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~mj/
A sine curve goes off to infinity or at least the end of the blackboard.