BIRD at Interop (is this list still alive?)

Martin Mares mj at ucw.cz
Tue Apr 18 10:22:37 CEST 2006

Hi!

> First, I'm not sure if the BIRD project is even alive, since the
> last piece of news I see on the web page is from 2/21/2005. But,
> hopefully somebody is still working on this project and reading
> this alias.

Unfortunately, nobody currently has time to develop new features,
but we still at least fix bugs.

> My BGP peering between BIRD and it's peer (currently testing with a
> Cisco catalyst3550) keeps going down. Not only does the peering go
> down, but it seems that bird stops receiving anything on it's
> interface. However if I leave an ssh session with the box running
> bird open, the interface (and peering) comes up again as soon as I
> touch ssh session. Leaving a ping running in the window with my ssh
> session also will keep the interface from going down.

I very much doubt this could be a bug in BIRD, because it doesn't
know anything about other traffic on the interface. What NIC it is?

				Have a nice fortnight
--
Martin `MJ' Mares   <mj at ucw.cz>   http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~mj/
God is real, unless declared integer.