Bird on FreeBSD ?

Xavier Beaudouin kiwi at oav.net
Wed Nov 30 12:13:11 CET 2005

Hi there,

I am trying to make bird running (mostly on bgp first... other protocols
will be used when I'll have finaly finished to it running...

I currently running the FreeBSD port of bird :

root at freebsd:/usr/local/etc# pkg_info | grep bird
bird-1.0.11         Dynamic IP routing daemon

But when trying to start it in order to make some testing with bgp I get
the following error :

root at freebsd:/usr/local/etc# bird -c /usr/local/etc/bird.conf -d
bird: /usr/local/etc/bird.conf, line 77: parse error

According to configuration file error is :

protocol bgp {
        local as 65335;
        neighbor 192.168.0.9 as 65334;
        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
#       multihop 40 via 192.168.0.254;
        hold time 240;
        startup hold time 240;
        connect retry time 120;

(full configuration file is added in attachement in this mail).

What is the problem ? Or did I have badly understood configuration file
example given in the tarball ?

Thanks,
/Xavier

--
Quand on essaye continuellement, on finit par y arriver. Donc, plus ca
rate, plus on a de chance que ca marche...