date & time change

Savino Rapillo s.rapillo at seletech.com
Wed Feb 2 12:53:37 CET 2005

Hi All

I'm new in this list, and I'm very sorry to bother you with this question
anyway if someone has already met it I'll be glad to learn something new.

bird seams to be really disturbed by a change in date/time

I have a net of linux box linked via WiFi and, of course, their routing table are handled with bird (ospf).
We are using version 1.0.7  (but with the 1.0.9 that problem is still there).
Well, when there is a change in date/time (set via ntpd or manual), bird seems to lock in a state insane.
What I can see is that the routing tables are removed and the only thing that can restart the job seems to be a kill of bird.

I have some idea of what can appen to bird timers when someone plays with "date" but I wander if someone can suggest some smart idea (or can confirm that there is nothing to do) to work around the problem.

Thank you

            Savino