bird vs zebra

Ondrej Filip feela at network.cz
Thu Sep 16 17:27:08 CEST 2004

On Thu, 16 Sep 2004, Ramon Martinez Palomares wrote:

> still having any problems with zebra and OSPF.
>
>  is anybody using bird to intercommunicate with zebra in a pointopoint link?
>
> bird is connected to the zebras but i cant see any route coming from bird to
> zebra.
>
> (sorry if this is a FAQ but i am new to the list and i havent seen an
> archive)

Zebra should communicate with BIRD over PTP. (The only known problem is
with virtual link over unnumberd, but that is problem of OSPF design.)

So there could be some bug in routing table calculation (probably next
hop) of zebra of a bug in LSA export in BIRD. Can you give me more
information?

BIRD: show ospf neighbors, show interfaces, show ospf interfaces, show
ospf, show route count

Zebra: show ip ospf neighbors, show ip ospf lsa <routerid>

(Use both routerids: of BIRD and routerid of Zebra)

I hope, I can help with such information.

 			Feela