ospf ecmp implementation - what to do?

Birger Schmidt bs-bird-users at netgaroo.com
Thu Oct 21 10:00:57 CEST 2004

hi all,

i want to have multipath support in bird. but as in 1.0.9 it isn't.
so i read the source an find in proto/ospf/rt.c a comment that say:
	/* ... we don't support multiple next hops.  */
	/* I'll start as soon as nest will           */
so i looked at the core of bird called nest.

but unfortunately it is not clear to me where to start. i think
support has to go to nest/rt-table.c but if someone would give
me some advise what has to be done exactly that would be very nice.

what do you think how complicated is it to implement multipath
functionality in bird?

thanks

birger