Analog of "network" command

Yury Bokhoncovich byg at center-f1.ru
Fri Jul 11 03:21:11 CEST 2003

Hello!

On Fri, 11 Jul 2003, Martin Mares wrote:

> > IOS "network" command (i.e. how can I to define my network address range
> > to annouce?).
>
> If you are addressing an address range to the outside world, you should
> also ensure that all locally unroutable packets for that range are correctly
> returned as nondeliverable. A static reject route does both quite neatly.

That's well known. The problem is in "how to say I have these IPs as
origin". I.e., make BIRD do the same as in example shown below. I can
do this on a Cisco router (192.168 networks and 65535x ASNs shown for
example only):
===================
router bgp 65534
neighbor 192.168.33.33 remote-as 65533
network 192.168.2.0 mask 255.255.254.0
This effectively announces 192.168.2.0/23 for my peer 65533 (and possibly
for others).

How to do this by BIRD?

--
WBR, Yury Bokhoncovich, Senior System Administrator, NOC of F1 Group.
Phone: +7 (3832) 106228, ext.140, E-mail: byg at center-f1.ru.