Parse error with OSPF area stmt?

James A. Crippen james at UnLambda.COM
Thu Jan 4 03:15:28 CET 2001

I'm getting consistent parse errors from bird while trying to configure
ospf.  I say something akin to the following:

  protocol ospf {
    area 0.0.0.0 {
    };
  }

And I've tried variations like "area 0 {" and "area {", but no luck with
anything.  I always get a parse error from bird on that particular
line.  I took a halfhearted look at the source and couldn't find anything
in particular.  Help!

And yes, I know that areas are somewhat borken, that you can't use more
than one.  I'm not trying to, I'm just trying to follow the documentation
which says to list an area section and put my chosen interfaces inside of
it.

Thanks
'james

--
James A. Crippen <james at unlambda.com> ,-./-.  Anchorage, Alaska,
Lambda Unlimited: Recursion 'R' Us   |  |/  | USA, 61.2069 N, 149.766 W,