BIRD doesn't compile

David Rohleder davro at ics.muni.cz
Thu Apr 5 15:48:34 CEST 2001

Florian Lohoff <flo at rfc822.org> writes:

> On Thu, Apr 05, 2001 at 02:29:52PM +0200, David Rohleder wrote:
> >
> > I was looking for debian package, but i was not able to find it. I was
> > quite happy with that, because I wanted to become a debian
> > developper. Bad luck this time. I will have to look for another
> > package.
>
> > You are using interesting init.d script :-) I have never seen this before.
>
> You mean this ?
>
> if [ -d /proc -a  -z "`cat /proc/ksyms | grep rtnetlink`" ]; then
>
> I wanted to give a resonable output if people dont compile
> in "rtnetlink" - I mean if they even skip proc there is no hope.

No, I mean this kind of starting and other operations with bird

----
        echo quit | birdc >/dev/null 2>&1

        if [ $? -eq 0 ]; then
                echo already running
        fi
----

if [ -S /var/bird.ctl ] ; then
                echo already running
fi

does the same thing.
---

And off course many daemons are using start-stop-daemon

David Rohleder						davro at ics.muni.cz
Institute of Computer Science, Masaryk University
Brno, Czech Republic