Birds of a feather

Martin Mares mj at ucw.cz
Sun Jun 18 21:53:58 CEST 2000

Hello!

> One of the handy Cisco IOS routing commands is to display the protocol
> neighbors.  That allows troubleshooting determination if the other
> router is "listening".  You might want to consider adding that feature
> to the client.

For RIP, BIRD supports no such command, because any router on the local
network can act as a neighbor any time. No router adjacency is formed
and the routing information is broadcasted (or multicasted) to all
directly connected routers. It would be possible to list machines from
which we have received at least one RIP route, but you can get them
from the routing table.

For OSPF, just use `show ospf neighbors'.

For BGP, the neighbors are configured statically.

				Have a nice fortnight
--
Martin `MJ' Mares   <mj at ucw.cz>   http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~mj/
"Maintenance-free:  When it breaks, it can't be fixed..."