The BIRD Internet Routing Daemon
The BIRD project aims to develop a fully functional dynamic IP routing daemon primarily targeted on (but not limited to) Linux, FreeBSD and other UNIX-like systems and distributed under the GNU General Public License.
What do we support:
- Both IPv4 and IPv6 (use --enable-ipv6 when configuring)
- Multiple routing tables
- Static routes
- IPv6 Router Advertisements
- Inter-table protocol
- Command-line interface (using the `birdc' client; to get some help, just press `?')
- Powerful language for route filtering
- Linux, FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD ports
- Ondrej Filip (OSPF, BSD port, releases, packaging)
- Martin Mares (overall architecture, core, dumps, BGP)
- Ondrej Zajicek (New BGP features, OSPFv3, BFD)
You can look at the current source snapshots and releases.
Last modification: by Ondrej Filip 15.5.2013.